Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Fish

We were assigned to read this poem for homework and it was the poem my group recieved in class to analyze.  I enjoyed reading this poem and thought it was interesting. At first, you think the poem is simply about a fisherman catching a fish and eventually throwing it back.  However, the poem has a much deeper meaning.  It actually is about a fisherman who catches a fish and realizes that the fish has been caught many times as the poem goes on to explain in great detail the lines and hooks going though the fish's lip.  The fisherman understands that this fish he has caught has been through a lot. He throws the fish back because, in a way, he respects the fish. 

2 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing about the poem. I liked it a lot because I think I would've did the same as the fisherman by letting the fish go back into the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my favorite poem and I feel the same!

    ReplyDelete